Are you an experienced Quality Inspector looking to work with a team of experts who value a job well done? Are you motivated, adaptable, and in search of a position that offers growth and long term stability? If so, come join our client's team in Sorrento Valley. Focused on the direct costs of indirect materials, this industry leader creates customized solutions which combine the most flexible inventory management systems available with industry-leading intelligence software to improve productivity, increase efficiency and reduce inventory costs for their clientele.
As a Quality Inspector you will maintain quality standards by inspecting incoming materials, in-process production and finished products. You will be expected to apply knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles in determining materials and product status using inspection/test equipment and measuring instruments, procedures, and applicable workmanship/functional standards. This team member also provides support to all areas of manufacturing and works and interfaces with all levels of personnel and other departments. Core responsibilities would cover Inspection, Data Analysis, MRB Facilitating, Incoming RMA's and Process Improvement.
Working hours: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Reading schematics, engineering drawings and procedures to perform incoming inspections to verify compliance with requirements. Inspections often require the use of calipers, micrometers, height gauges, scales and other various measuring tools.
- Documenting inspection results and provide corrective action recommendations to suppliers when necessary. Continue to work with suppliers until the issue has been resolved.
- Performing in-process and finished product inspections to ensure proper operation and functionality per established test criteria.
- Audit inspection checklists within procedures to ensure all operator inspections are being performed correctly.
- Analyzing root cause and tracking scrap rates
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering in the creation of assembly/test procedures.
- Ability to work with schematics, engineering drawings and procedures.
- Experience with sheet metal fabrication, cable assemblies and electronics.
- Must have technical knowledge and experience with the use of calipers, micrometers, height gauges, and multimeters.
- Proven experience as a quality inspector in the mechanical and electrical fields.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime.
- Proven success with improving quality in an organization.
- General knowledge of ASME Y14.5M and working knowledge of GD&T preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds and walk/stand for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and vision abilities are required including close vision and color differentiation.
We can't wait to speak with you, so please click or call us at 619.491.0247 for immediate consideration! We can accommodate most appointment requests via online, phone, or face to face interviews so contact a Staffing Manager TODAY.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.