An Atlanta area leading beverage manufacturer is hiring for a Maintenance Technician.
The primary role of the Maintenance Tech is to provide competent and effective electrical and mechanical support to Beverage production operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of operations, execute the maintenance program and comply with all safety codes is paramount. This technician must identify, troubleshoot and repair problems in instrumentation, controls, electrical and mechanical systems that occur in production equipment and processes. He/she must be able to run tests, isolate problems, replace faulty equipment, install cables and perform other tasks as necessary. He/she also performs preventive maintenance and calibration of plant systems that include but are not limited to PLC, electrical and mechanical.
This opening is for 2nd shift.
Monday through Thursday
430pm - 230am (expect overtime)
- Understand how to read and translate the information found within building and process blueprints and one-line diagrams to troubleshoot, repair and install outlets, circuits, load centers and other forms of electrical equipment.
- Continuously maintain proficiency in PLC and other controls systems (this is one of the most important skills)
- Understand how to read and translate mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic information found within blueprints and diagrams to troubleshoot, repair and install process equipment throughout the facility.
- Possess an understanding of calibration procedures for process instruments, which measure temperature, pressure, flow, level and composition, along with an understanding of process controls and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot, repair and install electrical components and wiring systems using conduit benders, wire strippers and tools such as multi meters, amp meters, screwdrivers, pliers and drills.
- Troubleshoot, repair and install mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components using tools such as typical mechanic hand tools.
- After installing equipment, able to test all connections and process flow to ensure all components are working properly and safely.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose instrumentation and controls issues in industrial equipment and processes using experience, system knowledge and proper instruments appropriate to the voltages and currents encountered.
- Communicate with management, engineers, mechanics, and equipment operators to advise them if there are any potential electrical or mechanical hazards.
- Execute the preventive maintenance work schedule as provided by his/her supervisor. Proper execution of the work schedule will require strategic decisions to ensure the scheduled work will be completed within the period scheduled. This effort requires the Lead to be aware of CIP, sanitation and other periods of downtime.
Working hours: 4:30 PM - 2:30 AM
Experience with PLC's will be one of the main requirements
- Electrical/pneumatic and hydraulics experience will be required.
- Able to read one-line diagrams, blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to visually identify defective parts
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions
- Knowledge of Rockwell / Allen Bradley PLC and HMI
- Have complete knowledge of operational processes, packaging systems and utility systems.
- Meet all basic operations employment criteria, to include a good attendance record
- Must supply own tools per the Maintenance required tool list
- Maintenance background, which includes hydraulics, controls, welding, electrical, PLC's, machine tools and pneumatics
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations
- Must be able to work flexible shift schedules up to 10-12 hour shifts as determined by business need
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.