Responsible for assembling boxes and properly aligning them on packing machine to be filled with product. Also responsible for inspecting, labeling, sealing, and stacking boxes on skids in preparation for product to be shipped.
- Safely handle and operate any machinery, tools, or equipment while performing job duties.
- Ensure proper use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) at all times.
- Must be capable of selecting appropriate size boxes for running product, and assemble boxes with provided tape gun.
- Ability to properly align 6-9 assembled boxes at the machine, without blocking aisles or exits.
- Establish if order requires caps or not. If order requires caps, liner is to be folded over bottles and caps inserted at the top of filled box of product. If no caps required to ship order, insert liner into box so liner can be folder over bottles prior to sealing. Boxes are then placed on a conveyor.
- Once boxes reach the end of conveyor, product must be random sampled to check for visible defects. If any defect is found, it is to be reported immediately to your supervisor.
- After inspection, fold liner over product to avoid contamination.
- Retrieve label from label machinery and place on completed box. Proper placement and fitting is required.
- Labeled boxes are to be placed on cooling skids for approximately 60 minutes before stacking on finish skid. 6-12 boxes may be cooling at any one time.
- After cooling is complete, seal box with tape gun and stack onto finished skid. Labels are to be visible. There are certain stacking requirements that must be followed.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be regularly required to:
- Communicate with production supervisors, processors, and other employees engaged in production process.
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time (50%-85%).
- Move material and product weighing 35lbs or more repeatedly.
- Recognize and identify proper labels for product, as well as product defects.
- Withstand exposure to warmer or cooler than normal temperatures.
- Position self to maneuver at ground level to pick up dropped product, or transport product from ground level to skids.
- Repeatedly stack boxes up to 5 layers high.
- Use hands to inspect small products, operate machinery, operate tape guns, and other hand manipulation tasks.
No Degree Required
- Ability to learn to identify basic measurements and operate measurement devices.
- Preferred 1+ years of production experience.
- Be able to work every other weekend.
Come work for Randstad today!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.