Press Operator Night Shift
Responsible for running press machines that produce quality imprinted caps for prescription packaging. Operators are responsible for completing all department quality system paperwork, in addition to periodic machine and product checks.
- Handle and operate machinery, tools, or equipment used safely while performing job duties.
- Interface imprinting presses to print on top of prescription packaging caps and on inserts on the underside of caps.
- Operate machine controls, programs, and associated equipment to ensure parts that are produced are done at maximum efficiency and to the hgihest quality standards.
- Monitor machine controls.
- Interact with quality control personnel to ensure standards are being met and maintained.
- Make machinery/equipment adjustments as needed (dislodging jams, ocntrolling speed, product size, etc.)
- Change over ink, caps, and print per customer order.
- Inspect finished products for quality assurance.
- Mix ink to precise measurements.
- Operate pallet jack to move pallets as necessary.
- Assist co-operators as needed wtih packaging product to prepare for shipment.
- Operate tape guns to seal boxes ready for shipment.
- Secure labels onto boxes.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Sort rejected product to determine quality errors.
Working hours: 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be regularly required to:
- Communicate with production supervisors, processors, and other employees engaged in production process.
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time (50%-85%).
- Move material and product weighing 35lbs or more repeatedly.
- Recognize and identify proper labels for product, as well as product defects.
- Withstand exposure to warmer or cooler than normal temperatures.
- Position self to maneuver at ground level to pick up dropped product, or transport product from ground level to skids.
- Repeatedly stack boxes up to 5 layers high.
- Use hands to inspect small products, operate machinery, operate tape guns, and other hand manipulation tasks.
No Degree Required
- Ability to learn to identify basic measurements and operate measurement devices.
- 1+ years of machine operating experience.
Come work for Randstad!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.