Randstad Technologies has an immediate need for a dynamic and resourceful Network Engineer who is not afraid to continually stretch and grow, to join a growing IT Network Team!
This position is a direct hire opportunity located in Duluth, GA which can offer up to $105k annual salary in addition to an extremely comprehensive benefits package. US Citizenship is required to be considered for this role.
- Extensive and broad experience with switching, routing, firewalls, Unified Communications, and network management systems across a range of architectures, platforms, and mediums.
- Directly contribute to enhancing existing network services, including, but not limited to: making recommendations, defining the ROI, and implementing these improvements using an accepted change control methodology.
- Must have analytical and critical thinking skills, along with training and extensive experience to define and follow standards and best practices for network design, testing, and implementation methodology.
In this role and as a member of the Information Technology Network team, you will work with various functional areas on gathering requirements, evaluating, designing, implementing, and supporting a Cisco-based access network and the underlying infrastructure technologies (LAN, MAN, WAN, wireless, VPN, Unified Communications, and Telecom) that will enable the organization to work effectively and productively.
- Define and follow standards and best practices for network design, testing, and implementation methodology while documenting the environment.
- Plan and implement new network technologies into the current environment.
- Test and evaluate future looking technologies by performing beta testing and pilots.
- Configure, deploy, fine-tune, monitor, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, support and repair the enterprise network as required.
- 5+ years of direct engineering and operations experience in the networking industry
- Working knowledge, including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
- Solid understanding of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/authentication protocols at all layers of the OSI model with an emphasis on TCP/IP
- Maintain and troubleshoot network based ACL's on routers and firewalls
- Ability to work with and troubleshoot physical layer cabling
Strong Networking experience; Cisco CCNA certification, experience with Cisco Wireless (Prime Infrastructure, WLC, AP's); Cisco ISE; or Fortinet Firewalls.
Ideal background will be someone with government experience, telecommunications/networking experience, and satellite and/or global experience.