We are currently seeking a software engineer. The Sr Software Engineer position is responsible for the design, development and support of new software applications for. The Software Engineer takes an assigned project and works with business owners and IT support staff to create and implement the software product. They are responsible for documenting that design in functional and design specifications to ensure the product handles the users' needs. Once the design is complete, they code the software components to complete the project. They must show a mastery of the application development tools being used by the company to develop new software including programming languages, scripting languages, data modeling, and reporting tools.
After completing the initial software development, the Software Engineer II must effectively unit test their work and then partner with the Quality Assurance group to test and fix bugs in the software. They must work with the IT Network group and end users to install the software and must follow up with end users to ensure the application is working properly.
A Software Engineer II must work well with others and be responsive to the business needs. They must take the initiative to solve problems related to product development and support with minimal guidance from management.
- Develop and maintain business applications in client-server or web-based environments.
- Conducts design and requirement meetings with peer engineers and business stakeholders.
- Has the ability to write functional design, workflow, and data model documentation.
- Design and develop new systems, modules, and data layouts, under the direction of senior software engineers.
- Perform code and peer reviews under the supervision and guidelines of senior engineers.
- The Software Engineer II is required to implement a coding strategy and design that meets the goals and timeline set forth in the requirements planning session.
- Perform research and development tasks to support department initiatives.
- The Software Engineer II will provide assistance in the creation and development of user documentation.
- Bachelor's in a technical computer discipline, Computer Science degree preferred.
- 5 - 8 years of industry experience.
- Experience working with an enterprise relational database, such as, MS SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2.
- Must demonstrate a mastery of object-oriented programming skills
- 3 to 5 years of programming experience in an object-oriented language.
- Experience designing services using SOAP based protocols, or a restful web API.
- Experience working with a modern source control system.
- Experience working with test-driven development, unit testing, and mocking frameworks.
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum software development methodology
- The candidate must possess excellent time management and organization skills.
- The candidate must possess effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and detail oriented individual.
- Has the ability to diagnose and resolve problems independently.
Skills & Certifications
- Angular JS
- Knowledge of EDI interfaces and HIPAA compliant transaction sets
- Java programming experience
- Red Hat BRMS
- Previous employment in the healthcare or insurance industry
- Travel not required