Senior Server Engineer
Our client has a permanent opening for a Senior Server Engineer who will be responsible for managing Windows, system security and compliance, VMware, storage (SAN/NAS), server hardware and disaster recovery.
Must have experience with AWS
US Citizen OR Green Card only
- Manage production and pre-production technology systems in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Automate repetitive tasks including system builds, configuration and application installation processes.
- Manage and support infrastructure applications including BigFix, Tripwire, Microsoft SCOM, vCenter Server, Active Directory including replication, Sites & Services, FSMO roles, GPOs, web services, SQL server databases, and many other infrastructure applications and services.
- Implement and maintain server security settings, report on deviations and remediate.
- Author thorough documentation.
- Provide excellent technical support.
- Architect solutions and work them through analysis and implementation.
- This position often requires frequent off-hours activity and support. This includes working on items that can only be performed after 9 PM ET on weeknights or on weekends. At times, this requires physically being in the office after normal hours.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to collaborate with resources across multiple disciplines including Platform Engineering, Networking, Application Development and Information Security.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience engineering and supporting technologies from the following list:
- Tripwire Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008R2-2016
- Windows Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
- IIS 7.5 & 8
- Active Directory
- VMWare ESX 6+
- EMC Symmetrix VMAX All Flash Hardware / Software
- NetApp FAS 8000 Hardware / Software
- vSphere Power CLI
- Dell Server Hardware
- HP Server Hardware
- Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager 2012 (SCOM)
- EMC DPS /Networker Backup
- Citrix 7.x
- Extensive experience with all aspects of "Wintel" server hardware (both Dell and HP, including blades) and related internal and external storage hardware (RAID, SCSI, Fibre Channel, etc.).
- Strong Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016 skills including installation, configuration, security and domain management with a strong emphasis on security.
- VMware vCenter Server and ESXi installation, configuration, administration and support.
- AWS or Azure experience a plus.
- Experience working at financial institutions and with financial applications preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Must be able to author work instructions, best practice documents and scripts which can be followed by others.
- Demonstrate the ability to master new and diverse technologies.
- Proven ability to work well in and contribute to a team environment.