You will make architecture and design decisions, mentor, grow and retain the team. You are responsible for working with business and product owners to build the next generation education applications for mobile and desktop web. When right opportunities arise, the individual may lead 1 - 3 engineers and assist in the requirements collection and analysis, software design, development, troubleshooting, implementation and enhancement of new and existing software in Java. In additional to software development, you will also be contributing your expertise to our agile process and test driven development.
- 7 - 10 years of hands-on software development experience, NOT supporting applications.
- Must be familiar with data structure and algorithms and can apply them in practice.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in one of popular agile practice, such as, Kanban, XP, TDD or Scrum.
- 3 - 5 years in one of service-oriented architectures such as SOAP RPC or REST
- Must be familiar with at least one of IOC, inversion-of-control frameworks such as Spring Framework (e.g. Spring Boot)
- 3 - 5 years of Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or Oracle
- 3 - 5 years of experience in at least one responsive UI framework such as ReactJS, AngularJS or EmberJS.
- Must have experience with some open source tools/frameworks for Agile processes such as Jenkins, Maven, Mockito, REST-assured, Cucumber, and JMeter.
- Exposure to Amazon cloud services (AWS), any other programming languages such as Python, R, or Scala, NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB or Cassandra is considered a plus.
- (Native) mobile development experience is a big plus.