Application Support Analyst
Application Support Analyst
- St. Louis, MO (Downtown)
- Direct Hire
- For serious inquires please email email@example.com
Serves as the primary subject matter expert for technical and business driven applications prevalent in the environment. Responsibilities include a full understanding of the applications functionality, maintenance, documentation, infrastructure requirements, and impacted IT and business areas. In addition the specialist will act as a situation manager for application outages, coordinating internal and external technical resources as needed, maintaining communications throughout the process. This role is also responsible for coordinating the assessment and integration process of new application onboarding.
- Experience with 3rd Party Apps
- Server Experience
- Networking Knowledge
- Experience working w/SOC teams
- Working with Vendors
- SQL Experience (Use a SQL Backend)
- CRM Experience
- Working w/Permissions
- Maintain full understanding of assigned applications.
- Gain full understanding of architecture of infrastructure used by their assigned applications.
- Serve as primary contact for assigned applications for affected business and technical units.
- Promoting communication ensuring leadership is apprised of issues, status, and resolution, escalating when necessary.
- Update and maintain internal software documentation.
- Stay informed of application upgrades and patching requirements.
- Provide prompt support to users via email, phone, and other electronic means.
- Work collaboratively and follow directives with peers and management.
- Work well with geographically diverse teams and users.
- Own issues through resolution, escalating to appropriate support member/team when necessary.
- Maintain records of trouble tickets, daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confers with users, or conducts computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Submit Change requests for non-routine activities, implementations and work that may potentially produce and outage.
- Coordinate the entire process of onboarding a new application with all impacted groups.
- Test software for functionality and compatibility.
- Establish relationships with business user departments, maintaining regular communication.
- Maintain application vendor relationships.
- Coordinate application procurement process, ensuring vendor compliance with non-disclosure agreements.
- Stay abreast of licensing and pricing agreements.
- Ensure application compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Occasional night and weekend work required as well as overnight travel, 5-25%.
- Possible overtime and schedule changes based on business needs; remain on-call to assist in the event of off hour outages.
- On-call rotation of after-hours support is required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Specific Programs and Systems - Knowledgeable of Windows, Office product suite, VPN and local area network. Any knowledge of Thompson One, BetaLink and ILX is a plus.
- Reliability & Personal Management - Is tactful and prompt with issue resolution. Transportation required for occasional travel to local branch locations. Must have clean credit record (be able to qualify for corporate credit card).
- Business Knowledge - Understanding of compliance functions within a financial organization will be a plus. Knowledge of industry standard IT best practices, including disaster recovery and high availability concepts a plus.
- Written and Oral Communication Skills - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other standard office procedures and terminology. Effective communication skills and ability to relay information well in both written and verbal form.
- Analytical Skills - Uses logic and reasoning to identify complex problems; review related information and develop options and implement solutions.