The Senior Product Manager owns and manages the full product lifecycle, leading design of features, modules, and assisting in improvement of quality, and driving time to market of the product development process.
In order to be successful, the Senior Product Manager must be able to operate independently and strategically, leveraging the appropriate tools, skills, and strategies to identify new market opportunities and make data-driven. The Senior Product Manager is expected to be a key contributor to our company's sales and business development process, applying knowledge of area of expertise to collaborate internally and with existing clients or sales prospects on solution architecture and system design.
You'll be joining a team that delivers at high frequency by using and creating the latest technologies, interacting constantly with your team. You will also be working daily with data scientists and medical doctors, who will help to integrate software solutions with healthcare diagnosis systems, all in an environment conducive to productivity, brainstorming, and close collaboration across teams, with each team member being an integral part of the creative process.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Manages the product development team from conception through design. Lead as product and feature owner, responsible for managing and prioritizing product backlog, software acceptance, release planning, and understanding the value of major projects.
- Maintain and execute product roadmap, optimizing resources and focusing on strategic and customer-critical product areas; communicate product roadmap effectively, while ensuring product input channels reflect market trends and feedback from clients, partners, and sales prospects.
- Partners with the cross functional areas such as Operations, Sales, Finance, and Regulatory to review product performance, effectiveness and determine actionable items to address.
- Tracks and communicates key product performance indicators including analyzing the results and advocating changes to meet corporate goals.
- Drive on-time delivery across business, technical & marketing teams with uncompromising quality. Analyze operational and behavioral metrics to formulate and test hypotheses to advance product direction. Evaluate end-user business needs, and manage the development and delivery of new platforms, tools, or features.
- Oversee and develop clear specifications to explain technical ideas and designs to external customers and sales prospects; this may include making presentations, influencing decisions, and navigating change.
- Research new industry product trends that will ensure the company is maintaining its strategically competitive edge. Collaborate as necessary with internal teams and external partners to ensure platform features reflect and advance industry trends and best practices.
- Conducts market research to evaluate product performance.
- Develops training tools to support the implementation and ongoing monitoring of product benefits and services.
- Serve as an advisor on both internal and client-facing projects to ensure consistency in product knowledge and best practices; capture and communicate lessons learned when appropriate. Implement and evolve new User-Centered Design principles and practices. Represent the customer - identify insights, pain points, and needs.
- Leverage existing client and market data to inform product roadmaps; implement new methods for collecting and utilizing data to ensure delivery of high-value features internally and across the user community.
- Support internal development and implementation of new products and service enhancements.
- Contribute to sales and business development activities, including requests for information/requests for proposal (RFI/RFP) submissions, product demonstrations, and scope of work reviews.
- Be a critical thinker and problem solver, considering technical and business needs, requirements, and trade-offs.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality, client service, and teamwork. Establish and maintain relationships across the teams, and with external stakeholders to successfully deliver projects, integrations, and deliverables.
- Stay abreast of current and novel developments in the field.
- Comply with company policies and guidelines.
- As part of a startup with a highly collaborative culture, perform other related duties and "pitch in" where needed.
- MBA or Master's in Engineering preferred or other relevant field with prior experience.
- Some experience in a start-up is a plus
- Experience in the Medical industry is a must.
- 5 years of product management experience, or an equal combination of relevant experience in related disciplines.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact, and protect confidentiality where required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are imperative. Ability to engage technical and non-technical audiences via strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills. Proven ability to build relationships, collaborate, and influence internal teams and external clients and partners.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, and manage projects with competing priorities.
- Proven public speaking skills and ability to conduct remote meetings; experience presenting at conferences required
- Experience implementing and leveraging user-centered design principles to design, validate, and deliver intuitive, high-quality software user experiences across web and mobile platforms.
- Strong technical presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to remain organized and productive in fast-paced work environment with competing priorities.
- Work independently, diligently, and efficiently on assigned tasks and projects.
- Collaborate seamlessly across company teams.
The Senior Product Manager must have the ability to exchange ideas, prioritize projects, and ask questions as well as collaborate with most other functions at the company including data scientists, clinical experts, and team leaders.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.