job summary: We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer for a position in Murrysville, PA
Sr. Level Software Developer - Ruby on Rails
This position will likely exceed the 6 month duration based on performance. Your team:
New business solution's team focuses on one goal, providing tools to help homecare providers do a better job of following up with their patients on a more timely, proactive and cost effective basis.
The team's R&D department deploys Agile Development principles to provide innovative solutions. As one of the first companies in Pittsburgh to use Ruby and Rails in a production environment, it encourages developers to leave their comfort zone, touch all aspects of the application suite, and come up with creative solutions. Our offer:
We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle-patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. We deliver advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
location: Murrysville, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 95 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Your challenge:
- Assist in the responsible design, development, and deployment of NBS(new business solutions) products.
- This includes using agile principles to implement a solution, including tests, and assisting with the deployment of new releases.
- Must be accountable and responsible for working on business critical products that operate 24/7/365 and are distributed nationwide to many clients.
- Provide 3rd level support.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and quality required.
- Issue logging, tracking, analysis, reporting and management.
- Release control and coordination for multiple products.
- Bachelor's degree in technology field required.
skills: We are looking for
- Experience in Ruby
- Experience in Rails
- Experience completing a Rails upgrade
- Experience with DevOps in a clustered Rails environment
- Experience with Apache and Phusion Passenger
- Thorough knowledge of clustered Web-based Systems
- Practical experience with REHL or CentOS versions 5 - 7
- Experience migrating to an AWS virtual environment
- Experience containerizing applications using Docker
- Fluent in Object-Oriented Programming.
- Knowledge of MySQL
- MySQL tuning
- MySQL query optimization
- Knowledge in Java a plus.
- Knowledge in Clojure a plus.
- Knowledge in JRuby a plus.
- Willingness to learn.
- Business Experience & Specialized Knowledge/Skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter, interpersonal skills, creative problem solving skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.