Healthcare IT Project Manager (External)
The SDM ensures the provided services occurs in accordance with the Statement of Work and Service Level Agreement with the customers. SDMs are accountable for overall performance as measured through Customer Satisfaction.
The SDMs manage multiple customers communicating status, resolving issues, and identifying improvements. They are experienced in ITIL and the ongoing management of customer relationships.
The SDMs establish policies designed to ensure consistently high service performance, monitor employees and evaluate customer feedback to develop quality improvement processes.
- Accountable for managing successful professional services delivery for multiple postproduction customers.
- Serves as the primary point of contact to the customers regarding overall and day-to-day service delivery.
- Manage transition from project delivery to the Agile Services team.
- Ensures that implementations and ongoing services are delivered on time and meet customer requirements by maintaining tight control over the project schedule, risks, scope of work, budgeted hours and quality. Also, ensures SLAs and KPI as defined in the relevant contracts are met or exceeded.
- Manage and proactively resolve escalated customer issues including critical or severity 1 issues.
- Ensures that operational teams and subcontractors maintain a clear understanding of the customer's needs and priorities, and provides day-to-day customer advice and support.
- Conduct periodic meetings with customer and delivery teams - daily status updates, service level requirements reviews, continuous improvement, change control and other informal meetings.
- Identifies, manages and mitigates service risks - develops and implements a corresponding plan of action if risks materialize.
- Anticipates, identifies and assesses complex issues - develops and implements a corresponding plan of action to bring an issue to resolution.
- Ensures request, problem and change records are being updated regularly in SalesForce and with a level of detail expected by customers.
- Builds and maintains strong and long-term customer relationships through clear and concise written and verbal communications, increasing trust and involvement, reducing ambiguity and conflict.
- Motivate, inspire and mentor project team members to excel in service delivery. Responsible for managing all delivery resources assigned to their accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Publish regular project metrics, root cause analysis and trending to key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Partner with and develop positive relationships with representatives from other departments including Product Management, Engineering, and Customer Support; build trusting relationships with partners and vendors.
- Navigate through ambiguity to solve problems using effective communication and team coordination with Service Management and Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Performing all job functions consistent with and customer(s) standards, policies, processes and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or a closely related field, or equivalent education/experience.
- 6+ years of experience managing end to end delivery of professional services and solutions to customers.
- 4+ years of experience in Maintenance and/or Managed Services as well as customer relationship management role for mid-size organization.
- 4+ years of project management experience in health care software industry, preferably in health care payor domain.
- Demonstrated breadth and depth of operational service delivery management expertise, preferably in a global environment with a track record of achieving account financial objectives, including revenue/profitability, SLAs, specific account KPIs and the customer satisfaction targets.
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to interface at all levels typically at senior manager/director level.
- Ability to establish and enforce effective project methodologies and processes.
- Strong technical knowledge/aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex (matrix) project teams to deliver results.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and willingness to provide exceptional customer service. Ability to maintain composure and positive attitude when handling unexpected challenges and competing demands.
- Ability to engage in process improvement and developing new efficient means of execution.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Strong analytical, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Proficiency in Agile Development Methodology.
- Knowledge and exposure to Six Sigma, ITIL, CMM, Baldridge, Lean or other best practice frameworks.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Some travel may be required.