The Staff Data Scientist works under the direction of a Team Leader and is a member of the machine learning and machine intelligence development and implementation team. Our client is working to develop a "next generation quantitative computer aid diagnosis system." You will be expected to research, develop, and implement new methods of measuring and analyzing large and highly complicated data sets. This role is for an experienced data scientist with an excellent academic background and a passion to understand and address clinical needs in the field to develop algorithms for image analysis and deep learning.
The Staff Data Scientist will work in a multi-disciplinary team and have access to distinguished clinical researchers worldwide. You should be comfortable to take on large and complex problems as an individual contributor or as part of a larger team. In this role you will contribute or lead research efforts to support next generation image formation concepts using your ability to develop algorithms, handle large computational problems and rapidly implement prototypes and services.
- Develop image-based DICOM software for algorithms related to machine learning.
- Develop user interface and interactive end-user software that couple DICOM algorithms based upon machine learning.
- Carry out ideas for the application of machine and deep learning to medical data. Carry out plans for the design of machine learning and deep learning architectural foundations to end-user software.
- Design, develop, train, and validate image-based workflows for end-user medical applications.
- Design software interface for machine learning applications.
- Links software interface with in-house designed image annotation program for 2D and 3D labeling.
- Update and modify models at least every 2 weeks based on specifications provided by the Team Leader.
- Maintains projects and code in the appropriate source repository.
- Works collaboratively with other computer scientists, physician scientists, and engineers within our startup. Works with the team to understand algorithm requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
- Stays abreast of current developments in the field.
- As part of a growing startup with a highly collaborative mindset, perform other related duties and "pitch in" where needed.
- Ph.D. in an area of computational sciences and deep knowledge of the physics of image formation
- 2+ years of experience in medical intelligence and deep learning
- Significant experience with large-scale machine learning platforms such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, and Caffe.
- Demonstrated ability of prototype development.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with both scientists and non-scientists.
- Published machine learning papers in top CS and medical journals.
- Experience using Python, MATLAB, R (Python preferred) to access large amounts of data, execute multiple analysis steps, visualize intermediate and final results, and present conclusions to peers and management
- Machine learning expertise, especially in deep learning.
- Expertise in medical imaging and data processing.
- Expertise in advanced data analytics, including structured, unstructured data, or relational and data mining and machine learning techniques.
- Experience in health care, education, or research fields. Experience with development of DICOM- and end-user image-based software.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in image science, applied mathematics, machine learning, deep learning.