Game Level Designer needed for contract opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA.
Our client is building a team that envisions, plans and creates advanced design concepts for experiences that create a deep emotional connection with people. You will be asked to participate in the advancement of level design related tools and pipelines. This role is an essential part of an ever evolving, state of the art design team, who along with a broader development team, are determined to connect people, places and things in unprecedented ways.
Do you love MMOs? Are you excited about Virtual Reality? Now is your chance to be a part of the next evolution of gaming and entertainment. We have a bold charter and need your help to take us to the next step.
Here is an opportunity to join a fun and collaborative team that experiments with the latest toys and works with state of the art tech to craft the future of entertainment.
The ideal candidate can build fun and explorable 3D environments as well as implement gameplay content via scripting in a custom engine. This person will work with design leads to ensure things like level flow, layout, and event scripting are meeting all required design goals. They will also work with artists, programmers, and producers to ensure content and systems are built at the highest quality within a given timeframe. This is an amazing opportunity to work closely with a passionate team of developers and help create wildly innovative experiences across a wide range of platforms.
- Prototype new and innovative 3D spaces from inception through production under the guidance of the creative leads.
- Build additional 3D content such as gameplay props and greybox assets using a 3D modelling package.
- Script core gameplay experiences and events into 3D spaces.
- Play test and iterate on content to ensure highest quality.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proficient in using a 3D modelling package such as Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush
- Proficient in using game editing software such as Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.
- Experience in using a text-based scripting language (C#, LUA, UnityScript, etc.)
- 7+ years working as a game designer on two or more shipped game titles
If this sounds like an exciting new opportunity for you, please send us your resume and portfolio for immediate consideration.