The EPM Specialist demonstrates expertise in financial business process knowledge and functional expertise of SAP EPM product suite. The position owns leadership project roles, resolves critical implementation issues and to supports the Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) platform going forward. This role is expected to have excellent communication skills, demonstrate leadership skills, and the willingness to take on internal initiatives and practice development efforts while working closely with business stakeholders supporting their financial processes.
- Assumes primary responsibility for solving production issues by utilizing specific functional skills, instruction and assistance.
- Analyzes business requirement objectives for solution enhancements.
- Assists in rapid, strategic and mission-critical implementation environments, providing expert product and solution knowledge so that high-value benefits can be realized.
- Maintains cutting-edge knowledge and understanding of SAP technologies, business processes and solutions, keeping current with release levels, industry issues, and market trends.
- Works collaboratively and in alignment with client partners, account executives, solution engineers and product experts to ensure appropriate content within integrated solution demonstrations and the appropriate presentation to customers and prospects.
- Provides expertise in sales support, conferences, etc.
- Seeks to expand areas of subject matter expertise - either through the pursuit of deeper product/solution/process knowledge or through the acquisition of broader knowledge, encompassing cross-application areas.
- Demonstrates leadership by showing initiative and promotes practice development by sharing information with colleagues (e.g. collaboration site moderation, white papers, webinars, practice conference calls and social media participation).
- Actively mentors and coaches consultants on engagement methodology and development of consulting skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration (Finance, Accounting, Engineering) or related field;
- 10 years of combined experience in finance, accounting, FP&A systems or applications;
- 5 years EPM/BPC project experience;
- Experience scoping, design and solution implementation;
- Experience and proficiency with SAP BPC Modules: Advanced reporting and input template design and creation, Script Logic/Business Rules, Modeling, Data Manager Packages, Security Administration, Transport
- Experience with BPC System Administration and System Performance Tuning;
- Experience with product issue troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis;
- Experience and proficiency with SAP BW Modeling, SAP BW BEx Query;
- Experience working with Analysis for Office;
- Experience with Fox Formula or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred but not required:
- Master's degree in related discipline
- Experience with Integrated Business Planning for Finance and/or BW/BI-IP expertise
- Working knowledge and experience with BPC Standard, Embedded, and Optimized
- Experience with SAP Analytics Cloud
- NetWeaver background with HANA expertise and knowledge of BW/4HANA