The Enterprise Data Services team is seeking a mid-level software developer to join our development team. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented team designing and developing mission-critical software
The team is responsible for delivering data services to support business process and workflows, decision support systems, and reporting capabilities for our internal customers and the firm's clients. These include web applications, mobile apps, and backend services.
Our developers are responsible for review business needs, providing a technical design, implementation, testing and maintaining software.
- As part of an agile team, work closely with business analysts, architects and QA.
- Participate in planning activities, collaborate and coordinates the efforts across development teams.
- Provide suggestions and adjustments as needed to deliver quality software within project scope and timeframes.
- Promote and perform development work consistent with industry standards and best practices
- Where applicable, refactor existing code for performance improvements and compliance with latest standards
- Ability to work independently and understand application functionality through reverse engineering code
- Perform unit testing and support test automation.
- Apply continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Conduct peer code reviews.
- Work on R&D activities and prototypes.
- Support Tier 1 systems once they are up and running
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience building message driven applications on the JVM
- Experience with event sourcing and other event driven architecture patterns.
- Experience with building applications in AWS, specifically EC2 Container Service, Lambda, Kinesis, SQS and SNS.
- Experience with relational databases and JDBC required. Experience with search engines such as Elasticsearch, Lucene or Solr a plus.
- Demonstrated experience applying TDD, continuous integration and lean delivery.
- Experience building and maintaining micro-service components and architectures.
- Experience building measurement and continuous improvement into software.
- Ability to satisfy complex business requirements through simple design and execution.
- Possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with mid/back-office financial services operations a plus.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.