job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department:
Mobile apps team is a newly created team and office in Seattle, charged with owning all the mobile apps, including apps on emerging non-PC platforms (Smart TV, Consoles, etc). Our primary focus is on smart phone and tablet apps to enable the multi-channel consumer electronics shopper to make better, more confident buying decisions, connect with product information, bridge the online and in-store experience, and activate support and service. Project Description:
Native Mobile app development for Android - adding features to the core Shopping app.
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
We currently have multiple Android engineering opportunities. Everyone will bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to the team, but below is an overview of the essential skills we are looking for. What we need:
What would a normal day for this position look like??
- Passionate Android engineer who is comfortable designing, building, testing, releasing and maintaining Android applications
- Excited by the potential of mobile technology to transform the way that we interact and service the customer base
- An eye for amazing design and user experience
- Someone that values ownership and stepping outside a job description
- Must have ability to contribute to both design and development on flagship Android development pipeline for new and existing products
- Prototype and develop new v1 products that leverage consumer and enterprise business
We operate on two week sprints, and in an agile fashion. You will participate in daily standup, and be assigned stories from the sprint to work on with other developers, and in consultation and collaboration with designers and product managers.
We are solely developing native apps and developers are expected to understand mobile interaction patterns, standards and capabilities.
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10years of development experience, 5 of which must be mobile
- Deep understanding of mobile, client-server development
- Knowledge of Material Design
- Experience with Android test automation & CI frameworks
- Experience developing consumer apps
- Released apps into the Play store (or open source)
- Design and architecture knowledge
- Experience with Agile software development
- Great understanding/knowledge of Java and object oriented design
skills: Skills Overview: What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Native app development with UI design principles and patterns
- Knowledge of React Native is preferred
- Material design
- Android Studio
- Understands business, technical and customer inputs to define new and/or changes to existing customer experiences
- Collaborates with Customer Experience and UX teams to ensure implement designed customer experiences
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.