The Technical Architect assists in the design, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Works with the Senior Technical Architect, participates in technical research providing innovation within the infrastructure and software domains. Might be responsible at times, with minimal supervision to lead as well as participate as a member on project teams. Assists and may at times own the installation, design and support of many software solutions including but not limited to it's ERP (Dynamics AX) within all of the various environments (Development, Test, QA, and Production).
The Technical Architect works closely with development and infrastructure teams providing support as needed. This individual is also responsible for assisting in the creation of support strategies across the projects implemented and may work with vendor/offshore resources as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and maintain multiple environments (Development, Quality Control, Pre-production and Production)
- Assist in the research and design technical solutions involving infrastructure and software components
- 3rd party application support
- Installation, configuration, and management of ISV's that integrate with AX
- Provide Tier 3 support of production Systems
- Assist in providing guidance to core/business team members on technical matters
- Maintain and grow repository of Architectural Diagrams
- Provide direction to developers on designs and standards
- Assist in the Design and overall management of Microsoft Dynamics AX Infrastructure
- Perform intermediate Microsoft Dynamics AX X++ Code Merge as need
- Perform AX Build and TFS (Team Foundation Server) Promotion
- Assist in the development and automation of admin processes
- Administer TFS (Team Foundation Server) Servers and Application
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a computer related discipline preferred with 7+ years experience , or 12+ year of equivalent work experience in computer related field.
- 3+ years experience in system/server administration environment preferred.
- Experience in the Design/Architecture of Software/Hardware solutions
- Strong ability to analyze and troubleshoot a variety of problems (network/client/server) related
- Knowledge of development technologies and practices
- Experience with Object Oriented languages (Preferable X++ or C#)
- Solid experience in server/hardware and networking concepts
- Solid experience in the following technologies:
- MS Windows SQL Server (various editions)
- MS Windows Server and Client Operating Systems (various editions)
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3
- IIS Administration and Management
- General Networking concepts
- Strong experience in source code management (TFS - (Team Foundation Server) Technologies)