Senior Linux Systems Engineer
The Sr Linux Systems Engineer is responsible for:
- Working with the SAN/Database/Application administration teams to provide day-to-day, and on-call support for Linux and AIX platforms
- Configuration and maintenance of successful backups for Linux and AIX systems.
- Defining Linux hardware and software requirements, acquisition, installation and configuration.
- Creating documentation of activities, system changes, procedures, policies and standards for the Linux architecture.
- Providing direct support to Database Administrators, and Application Engineers.
- Assisting software development teams to effectively use the computing infrastructure in accordance with corporate standards.
- Developing custom tools in SaltStack, python, and bash, to automate system management.
The successful candidate will have:
- BA/BS degree.
- 5 - 8 years experience administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) in a medium to large datacenter.
- Any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Comprehensive knowledge of RHEL kernel tuning, security, and diagnostic tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge of RHEL patching and software management tools, including Red Hat Satellite, Pulp, or similar.
- Experience managing, tuning, and troubleshooting, VMware based virtual machines.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and deploying RHEL templates in VMware vSphere.
- Experience with vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator.
- Experience in configuration management and automation using SaltStack, or similar technologies.
- Experience with Centrify, or other centralized authentication technologies.
- Experience supporting fiber channel storage on RHEL.
- Experience with HIPAA, SOX, and/or PCI compliance.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment while interfacing with multiple internal clients.
- Experience with EMC Networker, EMC Avamar, or other enterprise backup solutions.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Strong scripting experience in bash, ksh, python, perl
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc...)
- Working knowledge of MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and other databases on RHEL.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of SELinux.
- Experience with DataDomain.
- Experience with BMC Remedy.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with AIX, and IBM Power7/Power8 systems.
- Experience with CyberArk.
- Experience with Docker Enterprise Edition.
- Experience with Dell EMC vxRack.
- Experience with git, or other revision control systems.
- Experience with Vormetric, or other encryption technologies.