Our client, an innovative, fast-paced company is searching for driven Java Engineers, who will be responsible for developing next-gen biometric applications on a variety of platforms. This role is more than just a development position - the right candidate will have the opportunity to work directly with users to ensure that the right solutions are created to ensure our platform is integrated seamlessly. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter to make visible contributions to the development, growth, and enhancement of our platform.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 175,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop new and enhance existing Java-based web and server-side applications
- Review multiple applications requirements; analyze technical specifications of any new applications / new features of existing applications under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Work closely with internal and external teams to ensure that application can access the required data and it is appropriately filtered to comply with platform-specific business rules
- Collaborate with the other members of the engineering team to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into our existing platforms
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
- 8+ years of experience of core Java experience.
- Java 8 experience is necessary and extensive is highly desirable
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or a related field. Masters degree a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong system knowledge of Linux environments
- Knowledge in Amazon's AWS ecosystem
skills: Understands and can explain truly why certain technology works, not just how it works.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.