Please send resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Manage high complexity engineering management and project management for technical process improvement projects. Responsibilities include developing productivity tools, managing documentation, tracking schedules.
Additional Job Details:
Project Engineer with a background in Aerospace, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 4 years minimum of experience in Space, Aerospace or Defense. Must have experience leading Integrated Product Design (IPD) Teams in creation and support of new and legacy aerospace product designs. Work per the direction of the Program Engineering Manager (PEM) or designees to assist in team execution to project plans and ensure assigned projects are completed within budget, scope, schedule, and to the highest level of quality.
Working knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge is required. Must have understanding of SAP/ERP hardware requirements management process. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- For assigned projects, facilitate and lead IPD Team with members from all functions.
- Plan, execute, coordinate, communicate all IPD Team activities including requirements generation, development, design and technical reviews, procurement, fabrication, assembly and testing of development, qualification and flight hardware.
- Oversee project plans, work breakdown structures, cost estimates, budgets and risk management plans.
- Work with IPD to create hardware development, procurement, fabrication, assembly and test plans.
- Ensure targeted goals (schedule and cost) are communicated to the team members.
- Schedule and conduct effective meetings to coordinate planning and scheduling, task assignment and resource allocation to ensure holistic team effort within authorized scope. Ensure actions are documented and driven to closure commitments.
- Assist Control Account Managers with EVMS planning, performance, schedule and tracking.
- Proactively direct, monitor and control scope and performance of assigned projects to approved budget and schedule using insight to identify trends and project challenges. Recommend and implement preventive and corrective actions.
- Ensure project scope and delivery approach/timeline are aligned with Program Office, contract and customer requirements.
- Risk and Issue Management: identify, assess and manage project risks and issues. Develop and execute mitigation and response plans.
- Supply Chain support: interface with Planning and Procurement regarding project material and component requirements. Visit supplier plants as required to ensure manufacturing processes meet requirements.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships, and provide insights and guidance to supporting departments to secure compliance with schedules, coordinate tasks and resolve problems.
- Support Program and Project Management on proposals.
- Configuration Management and Change Control: Initiate in-scope engineering changes working with all functions to implement approved changes.
- Ensure IPD Team work is performed to Client approved Standard Work and Procedures
- Some limited program travel may be required. Skills Required: - Exceptional planning, organizational and analytical ability
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- MS Project scheduling and resource planning
- Earned Value Management
- Decision making and problem solving
- Failure and Root Cause analysis
- Ability to resolve highly complex technical issues
- Must be able to interpret technical drawings, specifications, illustrations and written documents.
- Status summary and presentation skills
- Program Management Professional Certification is a plus Desired Attributes:
- Results driven
- Self motivated
- BA/BS degree in Engineering w/ 6+ years of experience in Project Engineering role - MA/MS degree in Engineering w/ 4+ years of experience in Project Engineering role This is a temporary position. Opportunity for transition to permanent position may develop dependent on project requirements.