They serve as a member of a full-service team of 11 Engineers, Administrators, and Analysts who collectively manage about 25 Enterprise Applications and 400 Windows and Linux servers supporting the client community.
- Builds, configures, tunes, and troubleshoots servers; upgrades and patches system hardware and software.
- Uses configuration management tools for system build automation and standardization.
- Identifies areas for automation and integration then executes using workflow management solutions.
- Uses scripting languages to automate and integrate systems, applications, and routine tasks.
- Builds and maintains desktop images as well as packages applications.
- Uses enterprise device management systems to manage client endpoints.
- Administers and manages user accounts.
- Configures and administers network firewalls and load balancers.
- Configures and administers system monitoring, alerting, and logging systems.
- Documents system architecture diagrams, policies and procedures for systems, applications, and supporting infrastructure as well as data flow diagrams.
- Monitors and maintains server reliability, integrity, and security; analyzes systems for ongoing efficiency.
- Optimizes, tunes, maintains, and load tests applications.
- Backs up and restores client data while maintaining its integrity.
- Participates in an Agile team environment and understands priorities and business value.
- Serves as a technical resource and trusted advisor for ITS peers and end users.
- Works both independently and collaboratively across ITS, both in person and remotely.
BS/BA degree in related discipline, equivalent experience or related certification required. A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in technical information systems roles, with at least 3 years of experience in technical administration of systems and infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Experience with other Microsoft technologies such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Office 365, System Center Orchestrator, SQL, Power Shell, Remote Desktop Services (RDS), and Hyper-V.
- Experience with desktop management technologies for Mac and Windows client endpoints, with familiarity in application packaging and image management technologies.
- Experience with hardware virtualization (ESXi) as well as physical computing hardware (Cisco UCS).
- Working knowledge of and an appreciation for Agile principles, Scrum methodology, and ITIL framework.
- Efficient and effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Values face-to-face conversation.
- Ability to work with diverse technical and non-technical clients.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude; committed to the success of the overall team.
- Provides 24x7x365 support of critical systems and services as part of an on-call rotation and escalation.
- Requires the ability to individually lift, move and install server and network equipment up to 50 lbs.,- and periodically up to 100 lbs. with the assistance of others. Occasionally work during off-hours for systems maintenance and upgrade windows.
- Needs the flexibility to work outside of business hours when necessary such as implementing, diagnosing, resolving problems in a production environment, and as necessary to ensure continuity of services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.