My client is looking for a senior software engineer who will be responsible for supporting the successful technical execution of the over Life Sciences Group (LSG) digital roadmap as defined by the Director, Engineering. This includes development methodology/approach, deployment and integration with back end systems, across all digital properties - web, mobile web, as well as apps (all mobile applications). Close cross-team collaboration and full comprehension with the ability to execute against the overall technical capabilities suite for Life Sciences Group will be a key contribution for this position.
- Support a team collaborative mentality. Seek opportunity to connect with a mentor in a mentee capacity, and engage regularly. Foster and fulfill professional development as well as help others when possible.
- Know how to write, edit and develop in the languages of the web. Minimum PHP, JS, CSS/LESS/SASS, with potential supporting experience in Java, Python, Ruby, Go, and/or Swift. Be an expert in at least 1 language from this list, and have more than a passing familiarity with most of the others.
- Drupal is key, and experience across D6, D7, D8 is necessary. This includes Drupal/Drupal Module Development/Drupal Migrations.
- Common web format understanding is critical across JSON, XML, HTML, CSV and more.
- Understand the full web stack; today and tomorrow. Speak to common protocols HTTP, HTTPS, TLS, DDP, REST, SOAP as well as to systems, Kubernetes, Docker ... and more. (see below)
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet audience needs or solve business problems.
- Overall strong communication skills, the demonstrated capacity to follow-up and follow-though, the ability to handle and deliver well across multiple competing priorities, and show consistent attention to detail
- Capable of leveraging through knowledge of web standards to apply systematic and productive change
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management (beyond OWASP top 10)
- Knowledge of working with continuous integration tools
- LAMP Stack including Server Administration
- Bachelors Degree in any field with at least 2 years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing web application development to include application of the skills listed above in an agency or similar environment.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment in multiple team roles (product owner, scrum master, development lead, and developer)
- Hands-on experience coding in at least one currently popular web application framework. A great start beyond that would be exposure and experience across Node, RoR, Bootstrap, Foundation, Angular/Ember/Backbone/React, JQuery
- Experience with implementing and working with load testing tools