IT Operations Organizational Development
- Review the organization structure, identify deficiencies and recommend / implement structural changes to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Evaluate team skills, Develop training plans for all team members to support career development.
- Review / modify succession plans to support career advancement for all team members.
- Identify organizational gaps and develop staffing plans to recruit qualified professionals to strengthen the organization.
- Administer performance management for regional IT Operations organization. Develop annual goals for all members of the organization, aligned with the goals for the business. Establish personal goals and objectives tied to organization goals. Document actual performance and conduct formal performance reviews with all members of the organization.
- Develop annual salary plans and work with HR to manage / administer effective compensation levels for all members of the local IT Operations organization.
- Provide oversight to service teams for ongoing operations of server and storage platforms, data networks, and client computing environments. Ensure accountability to the business.
- Ensure procedures are in place and followed for change management, configuration management, and patch management.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure service metrics to measure quality of service delivery and identify areas for improvement.
IT Operations Financial Planning and Management
- Develop and maintain a capital plan (5 Year Planning Horizon) for infrastructure projects. Implement measures to ensure compliance to capital plan.
- Develop and maintain annualized IT operations-related expense budget. Implement monthly review process to track budget vs. actual spending and document variances where applicable.
- Identify opportunities for IT Operations-related cost savings. Implement plans to obtain cost savings and procedures to track and report cost savings to management.
- Maintain / enhance process for allocation of IT Operations-related costs to the various business units within the Americas business area.
IT Operations-related Supplier Management
- Establish / maintain supplier relationships for infrastructure-related services. Conduct routine evaluations for supplier performance.
- Implement / manage supplier contracts for Infrastructure-related services (Examples: Infrastructure Hosting, Voice and Data Network Services, Infrastructure Consulting Services contracts).
Global IT Operations Strategic Alignment
- Work closely with company to provide recommendations on global standards for IT Operations-related platforms, technologies, and toolsets.
- Continually assess the current state of company's Americas IT Operations and identify gaps with company's global infrastructure standards.
- Develop strategies and plans that target specific projects to deploy standardized solutions where required to establish / maintain global IT Operations alignment.
- Approximately six (6) direct reports across all US facilities.
- Passport eligible
- There is expectation and requirement of at least one quarterly trip between Mobile, AL, and/or Lisle, IL.
- Yearly international travel will also be required to Sweden and/or Finland.
- There is the possibility of yearly travel to Canada as well.
Education and Experience Required:
- Four-year degree from a college or university in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or business administration with emphasis in computer-related courses or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum five years of demonstrated experience in leadership roles for enterprise infrastructure teams.
- Demonstrated experience in infrastructure-related strategic planning and project management.
- Excellent organizational / team development and communication skills.