Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry has an immediate need for a Lead Security Engineer sit onsite in Rockville, MD to join a highly talented and growing development team.
This is a long term contract paying $80/hr. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The Lead Security Engineer, working independently, will direct staff in the execution of manual activities and/or automated activities to ensure applications and projects within their portfolio meet defined quality standards.
- Ensure that security risks are comprehensively and effectively managed though leading the application of established and ad hoc processes and techniques to identify, validate, and prioritize.
- Lead the identification of security requirement deficiencies, eliciting of security requirements, and the architecture and design of security controls.
- Develop and implement strategies to promote consistent use of security controls across the enterprise.
- Lead the operation and monitoring of security controls.
- Establish, implement, and promote security control operation and monitoring strategies.
- Ensure that controls are operating effectively; resolve operating discrepancies.
- Review, triage, and prioritize control output.
- Take appropriate action to resolve security discrepancies.
- Lead the identification, evaluation, and recommendation of new security technologies, techniques, and tools.
- Lead team in defining, reviewing, and promoting information security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Lead and champion efforts to enforce and monitor compliance with internal and external regulations, policies, and standards.
- Establish and promote strategies to ensure that compliance is effectively monitored and enforced.
- Direct internal process improvement initiatives.
- Participate in external process improvement committees as a Quality Assurance representative.
- Provide backup coverage for next level management, as appropriate.
- Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
- 7+ years of relevant work experience leading the following key areas:
- securing networks and systems architecture
- design and implementation
- secure software assurance
- intrusion detection, defense & incident response
- security configuration management
- access controls design and implementation
- security policy and standards development
- In-depth knowledge of more than one communications protocol.
- Experience managing several Cyber Security tools, including:
- Configuration Assessment
- Log Aggregation
- Integrity Verification
- Web Application Security Testing
- Network Access Control System
- Network Intrusion prevention systems
- Endpoint Security Solutions