Key Duties, Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide Major Incident Management oversight.
- Participate in Client Problem Management processes.
- Provide Major Incident Management oversight including participation with Client in Root Cause Analysis which will help minimize or eliminate Incidents from occurring in the environment which may include the activities listed below:
a. Service Desk personnel will escalate all Major Incidents to Randstad's Major Incident Management resource.
b.Randstad's Major Incident Management resource will initiate an outage bridge and participate with Client leadership.
c.Service Desk leadership will work collaboratively with Randstad's Major Incident resource to update Incident status and stand up front end messages on the IVR system and Service Portal.
d.Service Desk leadership will participate in Post Incident Reviews for Major Incidents as necessary as part of the Client Problem Management Process.
e. Service Desk leadership will collaborate with Client Problem Management team to receive and document any work around processes or changes to the Knowledge Base as required.
- Support the Randstad CSI Program, particularly improving the level of services throughout the engagement by offering proactive and meaningful analysis and insights; thus, enhancing the value of support services to Client.
- Manage major incidents throughout their lifecycle to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using the defined incident management process
- Coordinate and document all activities required to restore services to normal operations related to each individual incident
- Monitor Service Level Agreements to ensure resolution of Incidents within the specified Service Level Agreements/Operational Level Agreements
- Work with Business Partners and IT Functional Managers to validate and appropriate notification lists are defined and managed based on configuration items in the CMDB; for current state and new technology
- Act as Subject Matter Expert regarding CMDB CI configuration and assist IT Functional Managers as needed
- Ensure accurate and up to date information is being delivered to appropriate parties regarding active major incidents: current behaviors, workarounds, impact, closure steps, etc.
- Partner with IT Functional Managers to ensure buy in and adoption of on-call practices
- Report KPI data about on-call/incident response team members
- Lead root cause analysis discussions for P1 and P2 incidents
- Support and help define practices for future mitigation tasks: ensure completion of, tracking, and reporting on tasks that could potentially negatively impact production operations
- Partner with organization communication team to ensure end user communication is drafted, properly approved, and sent on all P1 and P2 incidents.
- Manage and drive third parties to quick resolution of incidents and delivery of root cause analysis documentation.
Undertake support activities that include:
i. End user reception, creation, and resolution of Incidents
ii. Initial problem determination
iii. Call handling, dispatching, and/or escalation to Client personnel when appropriate according to Service Level guidelines (as defined and mutually agreed to by Randstad and Client)
iv. Hardware support and escalation
v. Client status updates
vi. Assigning Incidents to appropriate workgroups and perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. in MIS or Computer Science, or an equivalent in education and experience.
- Strong team building skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues and subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage a team of IT professionals and specialists.
- Ability to handle conflict situations and make quick decisions while driving incident resolution.
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate with candor and honesty.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and subordinates.
- Ability to acquire and evaluate data.
- Ability to triage problems in a practiced, measured, best practice.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage a portfolio of tasks.
- Familiarity with Incident Management tools.
- Familiarity with ITIL v3 Foundations.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow a plusProven experience managing IT Incidents.
- Two (2) to Five (5) years of incident management experience.
- Three (3) to Five (5)) years of related experience in IT systems required.
- Documentation and some project coordination experience required.