Our client is looking for a ServiceNow Engineer. This role will be located in the Sacramento area.
This position is with a rapidly growing nationwide ServiceNow partner.
Our client prefers to do a contract-to-hire but is also open to direct hire.
The candidate should have a strong background with in the IT field to be able and work with and consult with them on how to best use the customers to consult with them on how ServiceNow can be
The developer will build and manage solutions in ServiceNow. The ideal candidate will understand ITIL / ITSM processes and fundamentals. They will operate in an Agile approach to understand requirements, design technical solutions, build, test and deploy new solutions and capabilities. This person will need to partner closely with business analysts, stakeholders and other technology partners.
- Responsible for the technical specification and implementation of ServiceNow solutions
- Design and develop solutions using ServiceNow capabilities for core ITIL processes and custom internal solutions
- Understand the business needs and the needs to standardize processes, and build this into the design
- Understand the large scale thinking and approach needed for success of the project
- Provide expertise on all technical questions related to development on of ServiceNow and for operational support of the ServiceNow solutions
- Create and manage scripts and workflow.
Responsible for participating in or leading ITIL and ServiceNow-based engagements, including the design, development and implementation of ITSM and business process and process automation requirements
Participate in gathering business requirements through a variety of techniques (i.e. facilitated workshops, work sessions and interviews) and prototyping business solutions
Analyze requirements, and develop high-level and detailed business process designs to the elementary business process (EBP) level and the derived logical process (DLP) level
Support gap analysis, highlighting current state, future state, client needs, best practices and competition
Develop standards, templates and procedures to aid in the development of the required work products
Review programs designed from high level specifications or DLPs, ensuring they meet client specifications
Establish and maintain networking relationships with middle management in client organizations
Understand client needs, and match them to relevant services or products
As a government contractor, this position requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- Advanced experience with ServiceNow implementations and understands technical and functional capabilities
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Exposure to ServiceNow platform capabilities and tools like Discovery and Orchestration and other applications like ServiceWatch, GRC etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking including TCP/IP ports and firewalls, network protocols, and IP networks
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL or CMDB
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in ITSM technologies and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to implement on time to a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving environment.
- Strong communication, Strong presentation and writing skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative fashion to stakeholders and other team members.
- Experience presenting and conducting demo reviews with client stakeholders