Responsible for performing tests on computer applications to identify and document issues resulting from program or system changes. Initiates test, analyzes results, and documents findings for programming staff.Duties include:
- Design and execute test plans on computer applications.
- Record and document results and compares to expected results.
- Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
- Generate historical analysis of test results.
- Document anomalies and issues.
- Maintain database of software defects.
- Operate and maintain test networks.
- Provide application instructions for users
- Develop and document application test plan based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Tests for meaningful error handling procedures for application code.
- Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards, and those standards set forth by upstream sources.
- Perform application security audits.
- Proven experience in programming.
- One year of programming experience.
- Minimum of a COBOL certificate or applicable computer science education including COBOL and commensurate programming experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related field.
- COBOL programming experience.
- Experience using IBM Rational.