Trading Systems Operations Engineer - Exciting Role with Excellent Company
Randstad Technologies is seeking a highly skilled Trading Systems Operations Engineer for a full time direct hire position. This role is focused on support for trading systems including application testing, automation, project management, software deployment and configuration, as well as system monitoring. The system environment covers the entire stack of software needed to trade, and consists of broad and varied technologies. Our client is well respected in the industry and offers an opportunity to grow your career in a fast paced, dynamic, and professionally challenging environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for production trade support, building and enhancing operational infrastructure and managing all changes to production systems. This will include providing level one and level two support of trading system issues, creating and enhancing tools to automate and improve operational workflows, and executing software deployments and upgrades while identifying risks and providing guidance around timing of changes and releases.
The selected candidate will have the ability to think on their feet, be able to adapt to technical challenges, and have strong communication and collaboration skills.
- 3+ years of experience in application support, operations, or systems administration
- Advanced knowledge of Linux/Unix command shell navigation
- Strong competency with SQL queries
- Python/Perl/Shell or similar scripting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- Previous experience with FIX/Exchange protocols
- Incident and problem management
- Trading industry experience
If you have this experience we would like to speak to you today! Please apply through this job posting or email me a firstname.lastname@example.org To move faster, you can call Chris at Randstad Technologies today, at 312-917-8514 and interview this week. Thank you for your interest.