The Transfer Appliance program is a service offered to our Cloud Customers. The purpose if the service is to provide Cloud Customers an alternative means of uploading large amounts of data to the Google Cloud.
When an Appliance has completed the Ingestion process and needs to be wiped clean, it will be shipped to out Technical Logistics site where this activity will be performed.
- Wipe an array of drives using Off the Shelf software tools
- Monitor software and system performance issues, and maintain systems according to requirements
- Help test and troubleshoot new server hardware components.
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS-related issues.
- 5 years of experience working with PC hardware.
- 2 years of Linux experience. (Ubuntu is a BIG PLUS) !!!!
- 2 years of Networking
- Linux Scripting knowledge
- Experience troubleshooting OS, network equipment and software.