- Manages high priority projects affecting three or more businesses or functional areas.
- Manages changes to project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Lead and direct high priority projects impacting three or more businesses or functions, often requiring considerable resources and high levels of functional integration from initiation to close. Ensure familiarity with scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and responsibilities for project team members.
- Develop Project Plan, forecast and schedule. Work with stakeholders to record detailed project requirements, constraints and assumptions to establish project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g. planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Ensure plans for assigned projects include work breakdown, project organization chart, cost/budget and communication, risk, quality and resource plans.
- Communicate project plans to affected parties to ensure a common understanding, set expectations and align stakeholders and project team members.
- Ensure execution of tasks defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals. Execute all parts of the project plan and manage the budget/forecast. Monitor and control project work including change controls.
- Measure project performance utilizing appropriate tools and techniques to monitor progress; identify and quantify variances, complete any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events.
- Improve project team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency and boost morale.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Under direction of higher management, leads and directs high priority projects impacting three or more businesses or functions, often requiring considerable resources and high levels of functional integration; responsibility for the projects includes all aspects from initiation to close.
- Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and responsibility of each team member, to effectively coordinate team activities.
- Project Guidelines:
- Project Scope: $1.0 m - $5.0 m
- Team Size Range: 10 - 20 FTE
- Project Duration: 12 - 18 months
- Project Size: Multiple high priority projects
- Project Customer: Three or more lines of business or functions
- Scope of Change: Substantial changes to business processes or procedures
- Project Timeline: Moderately aggressive
- Project Innovation: Moderately defined scope
- Project Benefits: Major
- Project Customization: Moderate
- Number of Interfaces: 6 or more
- Project Integration: Internal and External Systems
- Typically no direct reports, but manages a project team ranging from 10 - 50 employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years' proven project management experience or minimum of 6 years' proven general management experience, OR in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 3 years' proven project management experience or minimum of 6 years' proven general management experience.
- Sound knowledge of project management methodology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly an ability to negotiate, influence and gain consensus.
- Regularly communicates verbally and in writing with management on status of initiatives, in a professional and understandable manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and well-organized individual.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under time constraints in support of various assignments.
- Ability to function professionally at many different levels (clients, management and peers).
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for business partner relationships within and outside the organization.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or willing to obtain within 24 months.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages
Needs to have experience having managed and built the entire scope, plan, and budget in previous projects as a PM. Must also be able to sit down and go into detail on critical path approaches (on a past project, for example).
Must be proficient in MS Project- Clarity PPM, a plus