Senior Software Engineer
Our client is a specialty retailer looking for an individual to partner with IT and business teams to engineer technology solutions for our Store partners.
Our client, provides great customer service beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with different talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. Our Information Technologies division works in partnership with other areas of the Company to develop and support the business systems used throughout. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal Senior Engineer is experienced, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day. This position will partner across the business- and IT-organization to provide technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, availability of products and the cost/benefit of technology introduction into our clients complex computing environment.
- Work with IT partners and business teams to identify opportunities and create solutions that achieve desired business results
- Ensure appropriate implementation of reliable, scalable technology solutions developed utilizing industry standard processes
- Influence and contribute to the planning of long-term technical roadmaps across multiple technical domains within the retail store
- Innovate: challenge and introduce new ideas across multiple teams and organizations
- Learn: through introduction and testing of new ideas, build intellectual properties that help guide future innovation initiatives
- Coach and mentor engineers in new technologies, solutions and best practices; challenge others to make space for idea-sharing across disciplines
- Perform engineering, design and implementation functions for retail store technologies
- Minimum 6+ years' experience in software engineering within a complex organization including solution design, development, and implementation experience
- Demonstrated Technology Leadership in a large organization: Designed and deployed significant technology solutions, creation of strategies and/or solutions which leveraged new technologies and processes
- Understands complex software architectural patterns including: microservice, event-driven, layered, etc.
- Areas of Specialization: Software development, web services, microservices, mobile, distributed ecosystems
- Previous technical experience with cloud web services (AWS, Google or Azure)
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating environments
- Familiarity with mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Familiarity with virtualization and container technologies (VMware, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent related field experience
: United States-Washington-Seattle