Senior Quantitative Business Analyst
The Senior Quantitative Business Analyst is key member of Business Systems Delivery (BSD) team, responsible for analyzing business needs and applying quantitative analytical models and technology solutions to deliver innovative cloud applications.
The Senior Quantitative Business Analyst requires the competencies of a business analyst in understanding the business needs and framing the business problem, a quantitative analyst in applying statistical models to glean data-driven insights, and a technology analyst in driving agile teams to design and build applications.
The Senior Quantitative Business Analyst will work on a range of data and technology projects that focus on cloud and AI. The Senior Quantitative Business Analyst will also work on highly visible roadmap programs and acquisition integration projects. The Senior Quantitative Business Analyst reports to a Vice President and will work closely with product owners, software developers, solution architects, testers and DevOps engineers.
A successful Senior Quantitative Business Analyst must be both an individual contributor who can perform rigorous data analysis and a team leader who can manage cross-functional agile teams. On any day, the candidate could be doing any or all of the following:
- Analyze business problems and propose innovative solutions through rigorous data analysis of customers, products and orders.
- Translate business needs into features, user stories and testable acceptance criteria.
- Research innovations in technology and data science and lead the proof of concept (POC) of new solutions and integrations.
- Lead requirements/feature prioritization and design workshops and build functional specifications.
- Develop the requirements traceability matrix, business process flows, data flows and functional designs
- Drive UX improvements using the principles of user-centric design.
- Manage stakeholders and foster data-driven decision making in a timely manner.
- Drive business, technology and operational change readiness plans for projects.
- Develop stakeholder communications, progress reports and presentations.
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders, software engineers, testers, project managers and architects.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Information sciences and Economics. MS Sc degree in quantitative field such as Data Science, Business Analytics, Applied Statistics from a top university, strongly preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience or 2+ years of relevant experience and a graduate degree in quantitative field such as Data Science, Business Analytics and Applied Statistics from a top university.
- Strong ability to be both an individual contributor and a team leader. Agile Scrum Master or Agile Product Owner experience is a plus.
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker who has the ability to create innovative solutions.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to present quantitative and technical concepts to both business executives and technical teams.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to drive decisions and mediate conflicting views.