Actively seeking an experienced application architect to work in the Asset Management Technology group. At the organization architects are leaders in technology playing a significant role in driving all aspects of technology planning and execution.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Proven leadership skills, demonstrated ability to influence and partner with engineering and product teams to deliver scalable robust solutions.
- Investment Management domain experience, especially with Investment Risk platforms/analytics and Quantitative Development
- Significant experience working on application architecture in an engineering, design and architecture capacity. Proficiency in multiple enterprise technologies, architectural styles, and techniques.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Java, various open source stacks, and relational databases. Experience with / knowledge of R, Python a plus.
- Experience in cloud technologies and practices, building applications using services such as AWS S3, EC2, Lambda, EMR, CloudFormation. Experience with containers and well-grounded in the knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Passionate about technology and delivering solutions to solve business problems using event driven architectures, scale-out architectures.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field ideally combined with an advanced technical degree. A CFA or an MBA in Finance, or demonstrated progress towards a CFA a plus.
The Purpose of Your Role
- As an architect in Asset Management Technology you will interact directly with key business users such as Risk/Quant/Research Analysts and senior members of the Investment team, and provide the technical leadership required to deliver timely, viable, and valuable solutions for Asset Management.
The Skills You Bring
- An ability to build strong and constructive relationship across business and technology groups
- Strong customer-centric focus balanced against technical considerations when designing solutions
- Strong technology architecture, engineering and design skills.
- Passion and curiosity, work with others to foster ideas and produce creative solutions to difficult problems while making smart choices balancing design and delivery.
- A strong influencer who can integrate effectively in to the culture. Combine facilitation skills with a results orientation to deliver excellence and execution.
- Organizational savvy and maturity, ability to work effectively across different organizational units and business groups.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a variety of internal and external constituencies.
The Value You Deliver
- Successfully deliver key technology solutions supporting the Asset Management business.
- Investigate, prove out and incorporate new technologies and capabilities to drive the technology vision for Asset Management.
- Define patterns and best practices for application and infrastructure design, engineering and development.
- Lead, mentor and provide design and architecture for delivery teams. Collaborate with product and engineering leads and senior management on product and delivery requirements, roadmaps and vision.