The Production Services Analyst is responsible for maintenance, support and operations of the company's primary software system that spans hundreds of stores in a variety of geographies. The team is also responsible for various corporate systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The team is responsible for:
- Software release
o Rollout support for hundreds of locations throughout the US, Mexico and Central America.
o Pre-release final testing of new releases
- Tier 2 trouble ticket resolution
o Defect verification, triage and prioritization
- Production monitoring
o Software batch processing verification
o Database replication and network monitoring
o Software deployment control and verification
- Work hands on with infrastructure and integration teams and vendors to research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve issues in our production systems.
Critical and Essential Tasks
- Report weekly on frequency of production issues relating to systems and detect patterns due to system gaps.
- Communicate effectively throughout the organization to initiate or improve process relating to support systems.
- Produce process documentation, and development training materials.
- 3+ Years' Service Desk or Operations Support role
- 3+ Years' experience in a business-critical, multi-location, retail production support environment.
- 3+ Years' experience supporting multi-tier Application
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university in a technology related field such as computer science or information systems.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the critical tasks listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the critical tasks.
- Experience with a help desk software platform.
- Experience using issue tracking tools such as Jira
- Experience with a network management system such as SolarWinds
- Experience with notifications systems such as PagerDuty or xMatters
- Experience with job scheduling software such as UC4.
- A testing background is helpful but not required.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience; experience working with customers and staff possessing a wide range of technical expertise is required.
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment and take action.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
This is a major area of importance. Customer Service is one of the primary responsibilities of this position. People who are successful in this position will be eager to help, committed to doing things right and always focused on the customer's wants and needs.
Successful applicants will possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to interpret technical information to all levels of associates in a positive and motivational manner and so that they can understand. An emphasis on inter-personal relationships and "results orientation" will ensure success in this position.
The person in this position will need to have keen analytical skills that will allow him/her to look at data and identify discrepancies and irregularities and determine the best solution to correcting the situation.
To be effective in this position, the applicant must be able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines to better handle day-to-day and special situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet as in a normal office environment.