Position will support the build and test of precision guided projectile systems currently. The project includes build, test and delivery of 25 guided projectile rounds to be used for flight testing in 2018 and 2019. Work will be performed under direction of the Projectile development team. The position requires the ability to build and test electrical and/or mechanical subsystems and systems, including final assembly and test, while working in a fast paced environment.
The Technician will support engineering activities. This position will work in the following capacity:
- Utilize microelectronic, electronic, optical, electro-optical, mechanical, or electromechanical equipment, including computers and lasers.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, calibration or modification of hardware, fixtures, and software.
- Participate on project teams.
- Apply technical expertise in the evaluation, development, maintenance and use of complex products, devices, tests, or procedures under constantly changing conditions where moderate ingenuity and judgments are required.
- Structure modifications to programs w/ Labview or other SW packages/programs.
- Design simple circuits, fixtures, or mechanical parts.
- Provide technical solutions to engineering.
- Participate on safety initiatives.
- Production assembly experience preferred.
- Must have experience troubleshooting and the ability to interpret schematics.
- Must have good mechanical and/or electronic (analog and digital) repair capabilities.
- Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
- Associate's/Technical degree and/or equivalent proven experience.
- Critical thinker & able to offer Value Added Solutions.
- 1-5 year's experience.
- Proficient with standard electrical lab test equipment.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office, and preferred experience in Matlab and MS Visio
- Experience working with requirements documents, and requirements based design
- Self-Starter/Independent worker that demonstrates initiative and sound judgment and has the ability to manage and coordinate their work with multiple groups inside and outside the department
- Familiarity with gun hardened electronics design a plus
- Proficient in communicating in English Language
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills