Workday Support Analyst
This position is responsible for providing ongoing support and maintenance as well as assisting with the enhancement and expansion of the client's Workday platform. The Workday Support Analyst will have a dynamic and challenging role, providing support in several areas of the client's Workday Human Capital Management and Student systems. This person will have in-depth knowledge of the client's business processes and data to provide functional areas with outstanding support for the Workday platform. This role will work closely with colleagues within the Division of Information Technology as well as with other offices throughout the university to continually enhance and support Workday functionality and business processes.
A primary focus will be on providing production support for the client's existing Workday HCM system, as well as configuration and deployment support for the client's Workday Student system implementation. Corresponding responsibilities include but are not limited to reporting, testing, quality assurance, and feature release management. Responsibilities of the Enterprise Information Systems team including this position span the entire Workday lifecycle including development, testing, implementation, enhancement updates, production releases and system documentation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In the areas of Workday testing and feature release management:
- Proactively monitor Workday Feature Release and Weekly Patch documentation
- Collaborate with appropriate functional areas to recommend features for uptake and manage the deployment of new features
- Work closely with functional users, project team members, and consultants as appropriate to develop test plans, including testing cases and test scenarios, to support semi-annual Feature Releases in the production environment, and to support the implementation of additional Workday modules and enhancements
- Oversee and coordinate all testing activities to ensure that necessary testing is successfully executed during designated time frames and that any issues that arise are properly captured and resolved
- Lead regular meetings with Workday stakeholders and users to support Feature Releases, Weekly Patches, and testing activities
- Assist with general troubleshooting of issues with the Workday system
- Develop user procedures, guidelines, documentation, and training materials for the Workday system
- Identify areas for innovative processes and solutions to support the client's mission and goals in an efficient and effective manner
- Proactively and continuously pursue skills and professional development and training, and acquire new technical knowledge and abilities
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field preferred; or, equivalent combination of education, skills and professional experience
- Minimum of one year of professional experience with the Workday platform; experience with a Workday implementation preferred
- Professional experience in higher education strongly preferred
- Experience capturing user requirements and documenting business processes
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving ability, with high attention to detail
- Strong self-initiation and the ability to work independently when necessary, while simultaneously being a strong team player
- Flexibility and creativity in producing solid deliverables
- Ability to flourish in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.