Jr. Cloud Platform Engineer
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Jr. Cloud Platform Engineer to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Pleasanton area.
- Support a large and diverse Platform as a Service (PaaS) in a 24x7 support model
- Diagnosis and remediation of technical problems
- Tracking and management of platform usage and capacity metrics
- Co-Development and documentation of mechanisms for deployment, monitoring and maintenance
- Work with customers on technology solutions and resolve customer issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum (2) years in a directly related field
- Hands on experience in a Cloud Environment
- Hands on Linux experience
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Understanding of operating systems & networking concepts
- Understanding of storage, load balancers, virtualization, web, database and messaging services with the ability to dive deep into any of these areas when necessary
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Preferred experience with Platforms as a Service such as Cloud Foundry
- Experience with deploying container based applications using Docker
- Have working knowledge of one of the monitoring tools such as Nagios, Dynatrace or AppDynamics
- Good verbal and written communication skills