Java/ J2EE Application Architect w/ Cloud
Actively seeking an experienced application architect to work in the Asset Management Technology group. At this organization architects are leaders in technology playing a significant role in driving all aspects of technology planning and execution.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Significant experience working on application architecture in an engineering, design and architecture capacity. Proficiency in multiple enterprise technologies, architectural styles, and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in Java, R, Python, various open source stacks, and relational databases.
- Experience in cloud technologies and practices, building applications using services such as AWS S3, EC2, Lambda, EMR, CloudFormation. Experience with containers and well-grounded in the knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Passionate about technology and delivering solutions to solve business problems using event driven architectures, scale-out architectures.
- Investment Management domain experience in the areas of Portfolio Construction, Portfolio Analysis, Portfolio Risk and Quantitative Development is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field ideally combined with an advanced technical degree. Progress towards a CFA or an MBA in Finance is a plus.
of Your Role
- As an architect in Asset Management Technology you will work on solution architecture for delivering solutions to complex and critical problems for the Asset Management business. The ability to range from code and detailed technical work to engaging with senior management and business teams will be critical to your success. Focus area will include architecting solutions for Portfolio Construction, Research, Portfolio Analysis and Portfolio Management.
- Strong technology architecture, engineering and design skills.
- Passion and curiosity, work with others to foster ideas and produce creative solutions to difficult problems while making smart choices balancing design and delivery.
- Combine facilitation skills with a results orientation to deliver excellence and execution. A strong technologist who can integrate effectively into the culture.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Successfully deliver key technology solutions supporting the Asset Management business.
- Investigate, prove out and incorporate new technologies and capabilities to drive the technology vision for Asset Management.
- Define patterns and best practices for application and infrastructure design, engineering and development.
- Provide design and architecture for delivery teams. Collaborate with product and engineering leads and senior management on product and delivery requirements, roadmaps and vision.