Solutions Infrastructure Architect
A client of ours in Seattle, Washington is looking for an Infrastructure Solutions Architect for permanent opportunity.
Qualified candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years' experience Or Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years' experience
- Industry Specific Certifications (VMware VCP, VMware VTSP, Cisco CCNA, etc)
- Comfortable discussing business needs, gathering requirements, and recommending solutions that may be technology and/or services focused.
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Multi-technology domain expertise
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Gartner, etc.)
- Familiarity with Project Delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Cloud Providers (IaaS, PaaS) - AWS, Azure, IBM/Bluemix, Google, etc.
- Comfortable with technology capacity and performance sizing
- Comfortable with making project work level estimates
- Comfortable with developing/writing project scopes and statements of work
- Proficient with Microsoft Visio
- Comfortable with leading whiteboard discussion
- Datacenter Infrastructure
- Compute (legacy, converged, and HCI)
- Storage (Block and NAS)
- Backup and Recovery / Disaster Recovery
- Vulnerability/Threat Management
- Cloud (CASB, etc)
- Providing technical pre-sales support to the sales team for complex and strategic opportunities.
- Working with manufacturers, vendors and peers to determine the optimal client solution for all opportunities.
- Owning the client technical experience from initial discussions to final solution delivery. Types of activities include but are not limited to writing SOWs, assessments, solution design and other architectural deliverables.
- Leading solution design discussions and white board sessions in client meetings that may include participation from business, executive, management and technical teams
Additionally, the Solutions Architect will:
- Provide technical sales support during meetings with clients as well as sales meetings with the internal teams.
- Design and present on premise/off-premise solutions. This will require working with the local Sales Representative in a solution architect capacity to help them design appropriate solutions for our clients to include overall solution identification, architecture, sizing, validation, and services scoping.
- Strong focus on understanding client challenges and pain points, and how they can utilize solutions to support their business and mitigate their challenges/pain points.
- Ability to engage in both business and technical conversations at all levels of an organization and drive out requirements to meet the clients' business needs
- Formulate responses to client questions concerning product offerings and capabilities - includes
- generating services pricing and statements of work.
- Drives requirements analysis and base lining processes, clarify requirements with clients, ensuring the solution resolves underlying client issues.
- Collaborate with peers from the solutions architecture team to validate technical solutions. Aid in offering industry expertise and strategic thinking to leadership where it could help drive revenue in the field.
- Create and deliver services transition documents to the Services Delivery organization and provide design clarifications as needed
- Conduct training and education for account executives, peers, agents and clients on products and services.
- Partner with internal teams to sell and deliver the best possible client experience.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.