Business Analyst / Product Owner
We're looking for a Business Analyst in the role of Product Owner on an Agile Scrum Team in Murrysville
This position will be part of a software product development team that commercializes computer applications that are used are used by clinicians and therapists to analyze and evaluate that data that is collected by medical devices. These software applications are mainly web-based and are distributed and used by outside customers to manage patient's data, to evaluate how the therapy is improving the patient's quality of life and to generate reports for doctors, insurance companies, etc. This position will act as a liaison between the software development team and Product Marketing.
The successful candidate will learn the features of the assigned product family, what users of the product want to accomplish, what features users value, and the important aspects of the systems, applications & devices that interact with the software application.
- Serve as Product Owner to one or more Scrum agile development teams.
- Write requirements specifications for computer applications that are unambiguous, testable, and verifiable.
- Interact directly with end users (clinicians, homecare health providers, etc.), Software Engineers, Project Managers, and Marketing Managers.
- Transfer information in the form of product and/or system requirements from Product Marketing to Software Developers and Test Engineers.
- Engage with the Engineering team throughout the development process to ensure that marketing requirements are accurately implemented as features in the product.
- Create use cases, user stories, acceptance criteria and other forms of requirements documentation
- Trace product requirements through the design, implementation and test phases of development
- Prepare product and functional specifications.
- Manage requirement change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed upon deadlines are met.
- Distinguish between customer requests and needs.
- Assist in the creation of user and system test plans.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with internal customers and other relevant groups.
- Experience as a BUSINESS ANALYST for at least 2 years for a software
- The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of experience on a software development team but not necessarily a programmer.
- Experience as a member of a software development team that was following Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university is required.
- Since a Business Analyst is a mix between Business/Marketing skills and Computer Science/IT skills, one of the following is preferred: 1) A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or software related program along with an MBA, or 2) A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Marketing with extensive experience with the process of developing computer software.
- Applicants with equivalent degrees such as a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or Quantitative Business Analysis will also be considered.
- Agile and Scrum experience strongly preferred.
(All candidates must live in or be willing to relocate to the Pittsburgh area. The successful candidate will need to be onsite.)