SAS Admin/ Solution Consultant
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented SAS Administrator/Solutions Consultant to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Seattle, WA area.
The SAS Administrator/SAS Production Support will provide support for SAS Unix server application environment. You must be an experienced SAS administrator with skills for a SAS 9.1.x environment & SAS 9.2. You will also participate in the production software deployments, upgrades, capacity planning, backup strategies, as well as software/hardware integration planning and will coordinate troubleshooting and make recommendations for the configuration of the SAS application.
- Research best practices and provide pre- and post-implementation documentation.
- Perform daily tasks within the scope of SAS/Unix system administration, including but not limited to, file system performance monitoring, reviewing patch levels on operating system, Unix servers, Windows web servers when required. Maintain awareness of new SAS releases, patches and upgrades. Install as appropriate.
- Work closely with SAS user areas to assure that their needs are being met and train business users in established standards and procedures for SAS server environment.
- Installation, Administration, and Support of the software in conjunction with SAS on UNIX.
- Monitor storage growth and work with user areas to develop purge criteria.
- Coordinate with other IT groups on performance, storage issues, etc. Coordinate with SAS power users to schedule production loads/jobs.
- Create and maintain user profiles and groups consistent with security restrictions and performance considerations.
- Document operational processes and recovery procedures.
- Maintain environment configuration information.
- Participate on project teams as needed.
- Work independently to resolve issues and escalate to management and other teams as needed.
- Administration of user access and security.
- Installation of SAS software on client desktops.
- Performance tuning of both Server and Workstations.
- Implementation of upgrades and patches to both Server and Workstations.
- Perform code reviews to ensure proper design, standard, content and functionality.
- Monitoring of servers, databases and workstations to ensure availability and efficiency.
- Database capacity and utilization planning.
- Archiving and back-up planning.
- Documentation of SAS server applications, workstation application and security policies.
- Disaster recovery planning Coordinate with IT Security as required
Additional Details: Experience with Access Databases required, and SAS PC preferred.