ETL Application Test Engineer
Responsible for the design, development and testing through a complete System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) processes in a Big Data and Data Warehouse environment . Work directly with Data Architects, Systems Architects, and IT business partners to understand the requirements and develop ETL solutions.
- Design and implement highly distributed, and scalable ETL processes through strong data delivery techniques using Ab Initio as one of the ETL tools
- Hands on ETL development (data transformations and data movement) using Ab Initio, Ab Initio Acquire>IT, DQE (Data Quality) and Metadata Portal as key tools
- Effectively work in an ETL framework driven environment
- Identify key business processes and deliver subject specific ETL processes to load physical data models
- Support ongoing ETL efforts for Development, QA and Production environments
- Effectively communicate data design to other members of the team to ensure proper implementation and utilization of the data structures
- Partner with source system Subject Matter Experts, Data Analysts and Modelers to build integration and curated views of complex data sources into our environment.
- Work very closely with business analysts, development teams and project managers for requirements and business rules
- Plan, perform, and act as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, and testing
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Develops original and/or highly complex code and provides coding guidance to less experienced staff.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of Ab Initio experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting or designing complex ETL production environments
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 5+ years of performance tuning experience
- 3+ years of Big Data experience
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 3+ years of Hadoop experience
- 3+ years of application production support experience