Senior Solution Architect
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Solution Architect for a 6 month contract to hire opportunity located in Sacramento, CA.
They are looking for a Presales Architect who has extensive experience designing and scoping Network (Route/Switch), Wireless, and Security solutions. The Senior Solution Architect role provides the leadership to identify design requirements and propose solutions for client needs that are highly technical or specialized in nature.
The Architect provides technical consulting support to clients and sales partners for complex network design, product recommendations, and solution proposals and provides a high level of communication to clients and internal corporate resources. The Architect also provides sales support focused on the advanced and complex technical design, specification, planning processes, and proposals of Corporation's offerings. This may include, but is not necessarily limited to: LAN/WAN Architecture, Network Security, Wireless Services, and Data Center Switching/Networking.
Technical Certification and Training
- Analyzes client business needs and recommends appropriate business solutions and strategies. Participates in the planning and design process by assessing current state and desired outcome.
- Develops business assured solutions based on current market needs
- Develops business assured solutions and strategy that integrates clients' business requirements, information technology, and Corporation's processes and/or resources.
- Identifies, provides leadership to, and coordinates technical solution development activities in pursuit of formal proposal/SOW development.
- Monitors the engagement process and obtains additional resources as needed.
- Identifies and engages subject matter experts for discreet service offerings identified in the technical solution.
- Participates in the proposal development process with pursuit-team members.
- Assists Account Executive in the development and negotiation of the Statement of Work and client contract vehicles.
- Prepares and delivers solution related presentations to Corporation and client as needed.
- Prepares and/or validates solution pricing. Escalates solution pricing for management approval when outside of established margin limits.
- Monitors and ensures business and financial success of proposed client solutions.
- Ensures timely communication (e.g. status updates, raising issues, etc) that could affect the feasibility of proposed solution or Corporation's financial position
- Provided technical support to all regional demand generation activities
- Develop customer relationships at all levels to ensure that Corporation is viewed as a trusted advisor
- Work directly with partners to develop and deliver solutions
- Mentor co-workers and share best practices
- Position requires on-going self-study to continuously improve skills relative to strategic technology direction and service offerings
- Recurring report requirements may include but are not limited to: Time sheets, Expense reports, Billable Time sheets, Task Completion Documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned Technical Certification and Training
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related experience
- 2-4 years of experience in a technical leadership role on small to medium size projects in the areas of integration or support services
- Thorough knowledge of Networking and Security Solutions
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as a Solutions Architect designing and scoping Cisco network and security solutions (LAN/WAN, Wireless, Security)
- CCIE written or equivalent experience that demonstrates Cisco networking proficiency
- Experience scoping and overseeing security assessment activities (e.g. Risk Assessment, Gap Analysis)
- Cisco ISR & ASR Platform experience
- Nexus Switch Platform experience
- Network virtualization experience (ACI, NSX, etc)
- Catalyst switching platform experience (SDA is a bonus)
- Cisco Security technology experience (ASA, Firepower, Umbrella, ISE, AMP, etc)
- Cisco Wireless Platform experience
- Cisco Meraki platform experience
- Software-defined WAN experience (Cisco iWAN, Viptela, Riverbed SD-WAN, etc)
- Involvement in Industry Councils, User Groups, as appropriate
- Experience with structured project management methodologies
- Experience working with solution design, job costing, and quality planning
- Experience developing/writing technical sales documents
- Experience working in a project/team environment
- Demonstrated experience designing design data center solutions
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must possess excellent client/customer interface skills
- Must possess working knowledge of Visio
- Ability to develop/ deliver management presentations
- Proficient in MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to architect and design detailed configurations for complex solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Excellent high-level problem solving skills