The Senior Systems Engineer (DevOps) is responsible for the administration of our client's Linux and windows system environment. The engineer will also have an active role in architecting, specifying, building through automation, maintaining and monitoring new systems as well as maintaining and monitoring those already in use. This role implements preventative measures such as systems monitoring, alerting, and standardization which aim to minimize system downtime and customer impact.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Provide architecture, systems engineering, administration, and support of the Windows system environment
- Setting various development and administration standards for our client's Production and Development systems
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of release automation processes
- Automating the build and refresh of environments/infrastructure for containerization through Azure ACS, AWS, and on-premise environments
- Support development efforts by various application teams
- Support .NET and IIS applications for client facing web farms
- Implementing recommendations from security teams for server and site hardening
- On call rotational support during off hours and weekends
- Troubleshooting critical site events and documenting root cause analysis
- Providing recommendations on approaches to troubleshooting and resolution of site and production issues
- Cloud: heading toward Azure. AWS is acceptable as well. Google cloud background will be considered.
- Diving into Cubernetti's (docker images) containerization technology.
- CICD (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Prior experience working with and supporting software development teams.
- Acceptable Experience in Lieu of Education: 2 years experience for every year of formal education required
- Knowledge of scripting languages in support of Windows platforms (e.g. Powershell, Bash, VBScript)
- Performance tuning and capacity planning fundamentals.
- Ability to work late, weekends and on-call.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work with others.
- Project management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.