Director of Financial Planning and Analytics
The Director - IT Financial Analytics/ will be responsible for preparing financial and business related analytical insights and conducting root cause analysis studies to quickly and accurately identify core issues and areas of improvement, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions have a direct effect on costs.
This person should have direct experience working in the financial analytics space as it relates to technology and or technology providers, reporting on business unit operations, portfolio financial results, performance as compared to annually established benchmarks and metrics, able to present recommendations to all levels of leadership and make appropriate recommendations. The right person will also help the team understand IT Asset Management (ITAM) best practices, procedures, and assist in controlling spend as well as the associated legal and financial risks. This person should also understand vendor management strategies that help reduce overall costs while maximizing value.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 8-10+ years' relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
- 8-10+ years' experience directly supervising teams and developing people
- 8-10+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
- 8-10+ years' experience working with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- MBA and/ or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
- Management experience with demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to take on and create new assignments
- Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis across all levels of an organization
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
- Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners - and understanding your influence on decisions.
- Proven ability to manage a team with competing priorities & provide level-headed guidance during unexpected events
- Financial Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
- Corporate Finance, Developing Standards, Quality Management, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Cost Accounting, Statistical Analysis, Financial Planning and Strategy, Reporting Research Results, Requirements Analysis, Financial Skills