Senior Software Engineer
The mission of Targeting@WalmartLabs is to increase the lifetime value of existing and potential customers via Targeted, Event Triggered Marketing. We do this by building systems and applications that incorporate the large scale store activity and online activity data in real-time, and exposing services/APIs that enables realtime retargeting. You'll be challenged to create applications that will impact millions of customers in a true global environment.
We are seeking a talented Senior Engineer with a proven track record of building high quality scalable applications, with a strong sense of ownership and solid leadership abilities. You will be responsible for setting up the Targeting platform in a new market and help the team take a giant step towards it's globalization efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 yrs. of experience; OR Master's Degree with 2 yrs. of experience in Computer Science or related field
- 4 years of experience building scalable eCommerce applications or mobile software
- Work with Java and other related technologies to design and develop robust high-performance and scalable applications for use within the @WalmartLabs product ecosystem
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions across all environments
- Utilize industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, etc.
- Strong DB skills are a must, should be very strong with SQL queries
- Experience with Linux systems programming
- 1 or more year(s) experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), RESTful web services
- A self-motivated learner and builder with strong customer focus and obsession with quality
- Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code is a plus