Sr. Systems Engineer
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a strong Sr. Systems Engineer for a great client of ours in Pasadena!
Reporting to the Manager of Systems Engineering, the Sr. System Engineer will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build and high level support of all existing and new Windows Server infrastructure. As a senior member of the team, the successful candidate will need to work closely with our internal clients to develop consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business constituents.
The ideal candidate will also provide systems/application administration and support for a broad array of internally developed and 3 rd party products. Perform systems and application support that consists of production support, software/application configuration management, installing software upgrades and patches, and deploying middleware applications. The Sr. System Engineer will work with all of the IT development and QA teams to assist in the implementation, management, development and monitoring of the infrastructure that supports the company's IT data integrations initiatives.
- Provide development support to streamline infrastructure/systems engineering duties.
- Provide support and guidance of infrastructure as code in private and public cloud environments.
- Provide Systems Engineering support of production and non-production environments for GreenDot and its subsidiaries.
- Provide the required daily support, maintenance, and management of the platforms.
- Manage enterprise applications responsible for server builds, patch management, virtual machine management, automation etc.
- Develop and maintain high standards in establishing procedures and policies to address routine jobs and certain resolution protocols.
- Provide 24x7 On-call Escalation Support (rotation-based / full week support).
- Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes.
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Other duties as assign
A candidate must possess the following qualifications:
Additional Skills Desired
- Strong scripting abilities in one or all of the following languages: Bash, Powershell, c#, perl, java, etc.
- Working knowledge of software deployment and configuration tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible (vRA and terraform desired but not required)
- Working knowledge of web and application server architecture
- 5+ years of managing an enterprise Windows Server environment
- Experience with:
- Microsoft suite of applications, including clustering (2008/2012), IIS, MS SQL, Active Directory, MS Terminal Services, MS System Center, WSUS, VMware, F5 or equivalent enterprise load balancing technologies
- Server Hardware, both stand alone and blade systems
- Virtualization technologies with VMware vSphere 4/5 and Hyper-V, or Citrix
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve complex issues quickly and efficiently, including identification of bottlenecks, performance tuning, etc.
- Self starter with the ability to take ownership and drive projects and issues resolutions to completion
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with IBM MQ
- Experience with RabbitMQ
- Experience with Ncache and equivalent caching technologies
- Experience with SPLUNK
- Experience with AppDynamics