Junior Quality Engineer
Two contracted Operations Quality Engineers will be responsible for processing and
handling of all product line specific ZHRs, which by definition include the following:
- All customer returns that do not meet product specifications as indicated on the product drawings
- All customer returns that do not functionally perform as expected
- All customer returns due to incorrect paperwork or documentation
- All customer returns due to foreign object contamination or cosmetic damages
- All customer returns where reason for return or rejection has not been previously established or communicated.
Processing or handling of customer Zero Hour Returns typically involves the following
steps which are explained in w1911 procedures:
- Evaluate the returned product after it's been received\
- Create/Update the SAP Quality Notification (QN) record indicating the reason for return and provide a brief description of the issue
- Perform quality assessment of the part, and if necessary set up a troubleshooting process with members of Operations, Engineering and other technical teams.
- Update the QN with quality assessment results and recommend a disposition for the returned part based on cost benefit analysis and site's ability to rework or reproduce the affected part.
- Create a shop order to have the part reworked, scrapped or reproduced
- Periodically evaluate the back log and make sure that all returns are processed within allotted time frame.
- Create a weekly report indicating the status of each QN received and assure that back log of non-conforming materials and associated QNs is at acceptable level as defined in deliverables section of the contract (60 day requirement).
- Communicate any changes or delays associated with processing of ZHRs to the site leadership or designated Quality Manager for further escalation.
- Working experience with evaluating electro-mechanical parts and components
- Working experience in Failure Mode Analysis
- Working experience in generating reports and providing status updates
- Working experience with SAP
- Working experience with MS Excel, Power Point
- Effective communication and prioritization skills