Business Systems Analyst ( Charles River Implementation )
This candidate should have solid financial services industry background, specifically understanding of the entire trade life cycle, combined with experience on Charles River IMS application. The project will involve implementation of the Charles River IMS module for Fixed Income, and this resource should have experience working closely with portfolio managers, traders, trading assistants and other investment operations folks.
- Performs analysis of business activities to determine business requirements. Works with business users to understand and define needs above and beyond requirements provided by the business. Converts business requirements into functional specifications\user stories\use cases. Works closely with the project managers, business users, QA, developers, and other technology professionals to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time.
- Using currently documented workflows and control points, work with portfolio managers, traders, risk operations and the CRD implementation team to build and configure new workflows that meet the needs of the business as well as eliminate or minimize existing pain points while still maintaining necessary control points. Document new workflows.
- Provide a third party perspective on the workflows and other implementation details to ensure MFS is choosing the best implementation details possible.
- Work with BA, development and QA teams to ensure existing application integrations are working as designed, including ensuing all data elements are being loaded and displayed properly.
- Act as the primary liaison between business stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of requirements within the expected timetable. Communicates any material modifications of business requirements to business stakeholders.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Ensure proper data processing through the use of data checks and reports to facilitate error free business processes.
- Collaborates with the QA team in developing high level test plans. Reviews test cases developed by the QA team. Works with automated testing team when needed for performance / load testing as well as automated regression testing.
- Works to ensure a positive end product for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Creates and maintains proper training materials and business documentation and facilitates user acceptance testing.
- Follow the MFS Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), ensuring that all steps of the process have been followed prior to releasing any code.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a business or technology related field.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in the financial services industry, supporting buy-side technology.
- Experience implementing Charles River Development's Investment Management System - with a preference for someone who has worked at CRD as an implementation manager/specialist and has worked on a hosted implementation.
- Broad background in trading, including but not limited to, execution management systems, order management systems, settlements, market data, etc.
- Strong hands on experience with SQL
- Strong technical skills including a solid understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and business processes
- Proven ability to efficiently utilize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and drive home solutions.
- An in-depth understanding of systems development lifecycle. Ability to perform detailed analysis on these systems at all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to consider the business implications of the application technology to the current and future state business environment.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.